Reports to: Farm Director
Compensation: $17 per hour
Benefits: Housing available, PTO
Schedule: March 18 - November 27, 5 days per week, 40 - 50 hours per week
Carversville Farm Foundation (CFF) is a non-profit that runs a philanthropic, diversified, regenerative, certified organic farm. We grow produce, eggs and meat to the highest standards and donate 100% of our harvests to Philadelphia-area soup kitchens, year-round. Want to join a talented, committed crew in beautiful Bucks County, PA and improve your farming skills while raising chef-quality harvests to give away to communities in need! Join us!
About the position:
Our vegetable team raises top-quality organic produce from seed to harvest + seedlings for urban farms. We have +12 acres in production, + two high tunnels for year-round production + a new wash-and-pack facility + a log-grown shiitake operation. We use cultivating tractors, water wheel transplanters, root harvesters and other equipment that help maximize efficiency. Cover cropping, soil tests and a fertility program helps keep our soils healthy and balanced.
- 1 year vegetable production experience preferred
- Demonstrate record keeping ability
- Proficient at harvesting, weeding and planting
- Ability to handle product from harvest to packaging while maintaining food safety (FSMA) standards
Working with our team to execute daily tasks including:
- Greenhouse watering and seeding, transplanting, crop maintenance
- Pest and disease management
- Implement and maintain irrigation
- Harvest vegetables according to farm’s standards
- Contribute to a safe and orderly working environment
- Support record keeping
We are looking for people committed to our mission and procedures with these abilities:
- Work independently and on a team
- Dependable and organized
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Readiness to work outside in all weather conditions
- Detail oriented and able to multitask
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Desire to learn
- Flexible in schedule and tasks
This job description covers key responsibilities but does not capture all job duties. We work as a team and there are times we need all hands on deck to accomplish a task. A willingness to participate in poultry processing is desired. Flexibility is key to joining our dynamic team.
Carversville Farm Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license.