Reports to: Livestock Manager
Compensation: $17 per hour
Benefits: Housing available, PTO
Schedule: March 18- November 27, 5 days per week, 40 - 50 hours per week
Carversville Farm Foundation (CFF) is a non-profit that runs a philanthropic, diversified, regenerative, certified organic farm. We grow produce, eggs and meat to the highest standards and donate 100% of our harvests to Philadelphia-area soup kitchens, year-round. Want to join a talented, committed crew in beautiful Bucks County, PA and improve your farming skills while raising chef-quality harvests to give away to communities in need ? Join us!
About the position:
Our livestock team cares for grass fed beef cattle and pastured poultry (laying hens, turkeys, broiler chickens). Duties include collecting eggs, moving fences for rotational grazing, feeding and watering animals + weekly poultry harvest in high season.
- 1 year livestock experience preferred
- Experience operating equipment
- Demonstrate record keeping ability
- Poultry processing
Working with our team to execute daily tasks including:
- Daily chores
- Collecting and washing eggs
- Moving fencing and infrastructure for beef, poultry and goats
- Support record keeping
- Repair, maintenance and cleaning of animal infrastructure
- Hatching and brooding young poultry stock
- Contribute to a safe and orderly working environment
We are looking for people committed to our mission and procedures with these abilities:
- Work independently and on a team
- Dependable and observant
- Strong work ethic
- Positive and proactive problem solving skills
- Readiness to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to lift 50 lbs repetitively
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge and experience in good food handling and processing
- Desire to learn
- Flexible in schedule and tasks
This job description covers key responsibilities but does not capture all job duties. We work as a team and there are times we need all hands on deck to accomplish a task. Flexibility is key to joining our dynamic team.
Carversville Farm Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license.